Friday, March 2, 2012

Butter Flies and Promises

Umm today's run was AMAZING! We finished early and I felt great- despite being attacked by 959372519 Mosquitos. God showed up and gave us supernatural strength; just like He does everyday- but today was super great! Also, our great friends James and Ted followed and carried our strollers for us. Again, God taught me 2 things today...
1- As we run alongside the road semi trucks along with other vehicles sometimes throw rocks and dirt our way and bc of the wind it hits us in the face- every time it happens I close my eyes to protect them... Bare with me(God speaks to me in some crazy ways when I run)... But in the moments of closing my eyes to protect them God began to speak: "In the same way that I have put lids on your eyes to protect your eyes from dirt and rocks as they come at you so I do in your life. Just as your lids are a shield for your eyes, so am I a shield for you! Things will be thrown your way and things and people of this world will try to harm you; Satan will try to tear you down, BUT I your God will protect you and place a shield of protection before and behind you!" Have NO fear!

2- As some of you know I had a sister to die. When she died my mom prayed for peace and God to let everything be okay and through it all God sent her yellow butterflies to let my mom know God was in control and despite her pain and despite how bad things seemed; God was/is in control and had her in the palm of his hand! Well, as we were crossing over into Texas today I was praying for protection over the 3 of us girls as we run through this new state. In the midst of my prayer and the midst of a song coming on my iPod that had the message: (you may suffer, you may be imprisoned, it's part of the journey, but Gods not going to leave you- the chains will be loosed , the prison will have to set you
free)...God sent a little yellow butterfly that flew all around me!!! In that moment that let me know 2 things: 1-difficulties are sure to come! 2- When the difficulties come whether big or small- Gods got me! No matter what happens; all will be okay! Gods got us, we are his! No weapon formed against us shall prosper!!! So so amazing to know that we have a loving Father that loves and cares for us!! I am blessed!!!

Also in the words of Melanie that I was so encouraged by today: In Him we ARE more than conquerors! FLAME ON!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I cry happy tears because your blog really touched me today, and because you are my daughter. I could not be more proud of you. I love you my precious daughter.

    ReplyDelete