Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Move To The Beat of My Voice"- Jesus

Today beat yesterday in being the best day yet of this journey! Today's run was amazing! Let's start off with last night when I opened up my bible and it fell to a passage in Joshua- Sun Stand Still! Well this morning I woke up and could just feel it- "Today is going to be an incredible day."...So we get out on the road and just like I do for the first few hours of our run,every morning,I began to pray for all my family and friends and whoever/whatever else the Lord puts on my heart.... Well about a mile or maybe two miles into our run the scripture I read last night came to mind and in that moment it was as if God himself was standing beside me and said-" Today one of your long awaited "Sun Stand Still" prayers will be answered." In that moment I began to reflect on my prayers that I have written in the past year that I wanted God to answer and some that have been a prayer for many many years. Well, to make a long story short- about 14 miles into our 18 mile run I get a call from my daddy... Drum roll- this is where my world got ROCKED!!!!... He tells Haleigh and I that he is preaching tomorrow at his church!!!! SAY WHAT??!!!! BOOM- that Sun Stand Still prayer God told me a few hours earlier that would be answered just fell into my lap!!!( For those of you who know my dads testimony and our testimony as a family; you know this is HUGE). Well of course I wanted to fall to my knees, thank the Lord, and cry
My eyeballs out from being so overwhelmed!... But I had to stop crying bc I couldn't breathe and had to finish out run!!! You better believe those last few miles we beasted it and all I could do was say Jesus, Jesus, Jesus- Thank you!!!!- WOW!!! So that was amazing! We also had to walk an extra 3 miles after running to get to the next town where we were to be picked up- and let me assure you we were all dragging and just wanted to curl up on the side of the road and rest, but this ended up being a blessing in disguise bc we got to the town and ended up meeting a woman who took us to a place that had food and on the way had some incredible Time together- she was such an encouragement - it was def a divine appointment- we all got out of the car almost in tears and just so blessed! I love that the Lord continues to give us exactly what we need on this journey, daily.

So anyways, today God showed me that it is so very important that we "move to the beat of His voice! Because, it's in doing that that He is able to bless us, use us, speak to us, grow us, mature us...etc! It's not always easy when moving to his beat but it's always the best way! So listen to his voice and "move to the beat of His voice." Allow him to alter your course!!! Always remember - you have only a puzzle piece but he holds the whole puzzle and sees the whole picture- trust him and move when and how He speaks!!! He has your best interest at heart!

FLAMING ON!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy about the news regarding your dad!! Keep running, girls. You're in my thoughts and prayers and you continue to inspire me. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my way to work at AT&T in Giddings TX and saw yall running through town. Keep up the awesome job! Yall are very inspiring. GOD BLESS!!!

    ReplyDelete